Skills / Qualifications
• Deep knowledge about the insurance activity and sector. , Expert knowledge in Excel and knowledge of SAS and QLIK as a plus. • Oriented to results, global visions and analytics skills. , • Wide technical knowledge of their product. , • Global knowledge of the Division’s products, • Skills courses: preparation of actions plans and decision making. , • Management tools in the Area. , • Experience in the Insurance Sector.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
• Provide monthly analysis of the technical evolution of the products, contract and clients preparing a monthly report in coordination with the corporate areas and through the corporate tools and global definitions.
• Control the fulfilment of the underwriting and actuarial corporate politics and procedures and ensure the profitability of the Business Unit portfolio.
• Provide technical support to General, Deputy General Manager and Business Development Areas to generate profitable business in the Business Unit including when necessary visits to clients.
• Provide monthly reports in relation to underwriting performance and, especially in relation to non-profitable clients, contracts or products.
• Control the underwriting, policy issuance or, where applicable, file processing activities within their remit and scope, performing those which are technically more complex or larger, etc., to ensure compliance with the rules and procedures in force, as well as maximum profitability at an adequate risk level.
• Undertake the necessary actions to verify adherence to technical rules and procedures, proposing amendments to the procedures and monitoring compliance with the measures adopted, seeking to constantly improve the technical management of the risk underwriting and, where applicable, claims handling processes.
• Prepare the reports, technical and formal documentation and studies required as result of their activity, to provide accurate and reliable information that enhances the decision making process, the appropriate control of results and the adoption of the necessary correcting measures. This applies especially in relation to non-profitable clients, contracts or products.
• Support, or perform if required, activities aimed at developing the business and products in their specialist field, monitoring results and budgets, etc. in order to help obtain the largest possible number of transactions, while providing their unit’s team members with information to properly underwrite insurance policies.
• Advise in the resolution of doubts and incidents within their remit, to ensure that information is correctly exchanged and the criteria and rules to be applied to the technical area are enforced.
• Propose and develop the actions necessary to optimize the economic conditions referring to Reinsurance cessions, as well as keep track of the amounts received from Coinsurance/Reinsurance policies.
• Promote an appropriate organization of the human and material resources in the area, and lead and coordinate the employees under their direction, encouraging the development of actions that help integrate, develop and disseminate the unit’s strategy and policies across all levels, while providing a suitable work environment with a focus on innovation, growth and profitability
• To undertake any other duty or responsibility that may reasonably be requested from the Top